Every lab. Every day. Empowered.
Our vision is to empower every laboratory, every day, around the world with Tecan technology, products and support. We will help to shape the future of automated workflows in life sciences and clinical diagnostics through unrivaled expertise, products and customer support.
We care about our culture.
Our values – trust, highest standards and ambition – are the cornerstones of our business, and give us the framework for the Tecan culture. We foster a positive and empowering environment, which allows us to bring our passion and energy to work. This helps us to deliver on our customer promise – ’Always there for you‘.
We need you to join our R&D Team at Mainz-Kastel (DE) as a (Senior) Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Aufgaben You will be developing software solutions for biotechnological or diagnostic applications in the area of laboratory automation and robotics. You will be working in a highly motivated team consisting of experienced software developers while maintaining a close contact with our firmware, hardware, verification, application specialists as well as our marketing team and our customers.
Responsibilities will include
- Designing, implementing and documenting new software functionalities in a technical environment using C# and the .NET Framework
- Improvement and expansion of the modular platforms in our project, and developing new products building upon that
- Practical experience in the fields of industrial automation, robotic systems and hardware-near development
- A university (of applied science) degree as a software developer / software engineer
- Good knowledge in object-oriented software development in .NET/C# for Windows
- Independence, a high sense of responsibility and interdisciplinary thinking are your key traits
- Wanting to reach defined goals counts to one of your personal standards
- A very good oral and written knowledge of the German and English language
- Implementation of new development technologies in .NET
- Development of Windows applications while using liquid handling and robotic systems
- A strong company culture with a rich history
- A global mindset with "Swissness" at heart
- A modern infrastructure and a global build / continuous integration system
- An innovative and dynamic team with the goal to implement modern software development
- Attractive compensation and social benefits
- Exciting career opportunities
- Extensive training and further education possibilities with known experts
- An international and friendly work environment consisting of 30 different nationalities